This is another in the series of the amazing power of vinegar series.
We had some rusty iron hinges from an old table. We were looking for a replacement set, but in these things nothing quite fits like the originals.
They were rusty and seized.
Some research on the process and this really did work
- Soak in pure vinegar overnight
- Brush with a wire brush and the rust falls away
- Work hinges to loosen further and work in the vinegar
- Soak again overnight
- Dry and then drop in Oil (we used cheap motor oil)
- Dry and then are ready to go
It really does work!